1. We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice applies to you if you have registered to become or are a member of our club. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and that for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
3. We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Data Protection Compliance Manager has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on the type of membership you register for with us, you may initially provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
• personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers
• date of birth
• membership start and end date
• records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us
• records of your attendance at any events hosted by us
• images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings
• details of next of kin, family members, coaches and emergency contacts
• any disciplinary and grievance information;
5. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club and you register with us at www.newmaldenvelo.com, when you make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us by phone, email or in some other way
If you are providing us with details of next of kin, family members and emergency contacts they have a right to know and to be aware of what personal information we hold about them, how we collect it and how we use and may share that information. Please share this privacy notice with them. They also have the same rights as set out in the “Your rights in relation to personal information” section below
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with the following parties:
• Any party approved by you.
• To any governing bodies or regional bodies for the sports covered by our club: to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional and national level.
• The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
• Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security
8. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect is not transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK.
9. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long-term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of up to 6 years after your last contact with us or the end of your membership.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address.
10. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
• the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
• the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
• the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
• the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
• the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
• the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider, or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contact us” section.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
11. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
12. CONTACTING US
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email Data Protection Compliance Manager at email@example.com.
VERSION DATED: March 2022